Are you a conference, seminar or workshop organiser?
Do you have a business-to-business audience in need of fresh digital or integrated marketing inspiration?
Perhaps you want to invigorate your sales and marketing teams?
Booking René to speak, sit on a panel, judge, chair or train will ensure your audience leaves with fresh ideas and new approaches to consider. Read on for 2013 reviews, material links and 2014 bookings, typical presentations and testimonials.
An engaging and provocative speaker and panellist, René is most at home talking to business audiences about the challenges they face in migrating their marketing online, but also on topics including marketing management, international marketing, personal branding and leadership.
2015 speaking events now booking:
- NEW TALK 21st October, 2015: Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing, CIM South Yorkshire @ MADE Festival. Book here.
- NEW TALK 5th November, 2015: Bootcamp – The role of PR in digital marketing, CIM Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University. Book here.
- NEW WEBINAR 19th November, 2015: Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing (v3), SmartInsights. Link to follow.
- NEW TALK 2nd December, 2015: Linkedin essentials for you and your business, Social Media Conference, Manchester. Book here
2014 talks completed and curated:
- NEW TALK 15th April, 2014: Content marketing for SMEs, Manchester. Slides here.
- NEW TALK 13th May, 2014: Making an export deal more likely – for West Wales Export Association, Swansea. Slides here
- NEW TALK 4th June, 2014: Creating a buzz through others, b2b influencer marketing in 45 minutes – for On the Edge, Manchester. Slides here.
- NEW TALK 11th, June 2014: Seven Steps to Successful International Marketing for the International Trade Expo, Liverpool. Slides here.
- NEW TALK 13th August 2014: Ten ways specialist European b2b companies are winning with content – BrightTalk Content Marketing Summit 2014. On demand webinar here.
- 4th September, 2014: Creating a buzz through others, b2b influencer marketing in 45 minutes – BDB BrightTalk channel event. On demand webinar here.
- NEW TALK 18th September, 2014: Going beyond .co.uk – BrightTalk b2b Digital Marketing Summit. On demand webinar here.
- NEW WEBINAR 19th November, 2014: Six ways to turbocharge your b2b marketing for Smart Insights. On demand webinar here.
- NEW WEBINAR 20th November, 2014: The Advocate Factor – Ensuring your customers become your best salespeople in b2b. On demand webinar here.
René prides himself on delivering bespoke content that meets the needs of the audience and works with event organisers to ensure they get what they need out of the day. For public events. René supports organises by using his own social media accounts and blog to promote events and get ‘bums on seats’.
Typical topics have included a range of b2b marketing, digital and international marketing assignments:
- Going beyond the status update – content marketing strategies for B2B marketers
- Help I’m a content marketer – Approaches to put into practice immediately
- It’s not the size, it’s what you do with it – B2B social media
- Help I’m a social media marketer – 10 approaches to put into practice immediately
- Untangling the web – how businesses can punch above their weight online
- Seven steps to brilliant B2B digital marketing – using digital tools to raise profile, drive engagement and generate business leads
- The trials and tribulations of international marketing
- Beyond .co.uk – international digital marketing
- Creating a buzz in others – Influencer marketing
René practices what he preaches and, having attended many conferences in his time, appreciates the need to present action-inspiring content in an interesting and engaging way.
In the last four years alone, René has spoken for bodies including The CIM, Social Media Academy, Business North West, UK Trade & Investment (2011), two B2B Marketing Magazine conferences (June and November 2012), five Only Marketing Jobs On the Edge conferences across 2011-13 including three presentations and two chairing roles, and University of Derby, Manchester Metropolitan University, all to great plaudits. René finished 2012 with a lively event at Manchester Metropolitan University on “The five digital marketing tools you meet in heaven”.
In 2013, René worked with Insider magazine and The CIM on a number of live events as well as online training programmes for B2B Marketing.
Slide and audio links are regularly added to this page shortly and advised through the blog – sign up to stay in touch.
2013 bookings included:
- January: Webinar for SmartInsights summit on BrightTalk “B2B digital marketing priorities for 2013” AVAILABLE ON DEMAND NOW
- January: Social media brand guidelines for b2b [webinar] – 90 minute exclusive webinar for B2B Marketing. Summary slides coming to Marketing Assassin soon!
- April: Silverpop Bookclub feat. Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing [webinar] AVAILABLE ON DEMAND NOW
- April: On the Edge digital marketing conference, London (chair – see above)
- May: On the Edge digital marketing conference, Manchester (chair)
- June: Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing (see below) for Halma plc subsidiaries
- July: Insider North West International Trade Breakfast – The First Steps to Global Growth, Manchester (panellist).
- Sept: On the Edge digital marketing conference, Birmingham, Help I’m a content marketer:15 tips to put into practice tomorrow. Slides available here
- Oct: Brilliant B2B Digital Marketing, for CIM Cheshire, Chester. (Similar to above)
- Nov: Influencer Marketing – 90 minute exlusive webinar for B2B Marketing. Summary slides coming to Marketing Assassin soon!
- Dec: Building reputation and sales with social media for Cruise.co.uk
David Edmundson-Bird Principal Lecturer in Digital Marketing & Enterprise at Manchester Metropolitan University
If the above does not recommend René highly enough, we’ve also asked him to Chair our conferences in 2013. Surely that speaks for itself!”