An infinitely credible approach to driving customer engagement with your brand is through repackaging your expertise as helpful advice. This blog post looks at ways to re-energise your blogging and content marketing.
For me, the intricacies of the B2B decision making process coupled with the often long gestation period demand an integrated approach.
Carefully crafting a blog that regular provides useful insight and advice sits at the heart of the modern B2B marketing agenda. Great blog content provides for social and CRM rocket fuel and can be packaged at the end of the month and delivered to opted in subscribers as a newsletter and used for press release purposes.
Sometimes we can’t get started. Sometimes we can’t maintain momentum. Sometimes we need a jump start. Whatever the reason, it’s useful to have an agreed number of topics or styles to pull off the shelf in order to avoid writers block and to continue to deliver.
Here are ten things you could plan to do over the next week or so to give your blog fresh impetus. Do let me know how you progress – keep in mind the twin aims of delivering help and advice in a way that keeps visiting audiences interested.
1. Repurpose a piece of existing content into a new format – press release to blog, upload a presentation, create a manual/data sheet download.
2. Comment on a news story affecting your industry – even better if you can find an industry watering hole in which to do it.
3. Comment on a current piece of research or data.
4. Write a round up and publish at the end of the week.
5. Provide an industry resource list – this could in fact be a great evergreen piece of content that with incoming links could return traffic to your site for years.
6. Report on an event, conference, trade show or seminar.
7. Write up a customer case study.
8. Diagnose and solve an industry problem.
9. Offer a distinguished industry voice a guest post opportunity (and reciprocate).
10. If all else fails, take a provocative stance on something that needs to change.